There’s no question that buying a gun online is simpler than the alternative. Plus, it’s much easier to discover unique and collectible firearms online than it is to find these rare gems in gun stores. If you purchase through an online gun auction, you can get some incredible treasures for a steal of a price.
Whether you’re an enthusiastic gun collector or you’re just getting ready to purchase your first home defense weapon, it’s important to know where to go to find high-quality firearms through online gun auctions. Here are a few things you should know about navigating online gun auctions effectively.
Take Your Time to Find the Right Bidding Service
As with all things in life, some online auction webcasting services are exceptional, while others fall short. Here are a few tips for finding the best online bidding services when you’re looking for your next firearm.
- Make sure the bidding services provider utilizes a secure website so your purchases are protected.
- Take time to research various bidding services to make sure they have a trustworthy history and consistently good reviews.
- Don’t waste your time with online bidding providers that don’t bother to work with licensed auction companies. You want to make sure the auction company is licensed so you have peace of mind that your firearm is coming from a trusted source.
- Choose a provider that provides access to auction archives. That way you can research the market value of any firearms you’re interested in placing a bid on.
- For the best possible experience, look for a provider that offers live streaming of the auction.
The best online gun auction providers are also great at communicating. Before deciding which provider to go with, check to make sure you can speak with an auction specialist as needed to make sure you understand what’s going on and that your needs are being adequately met.
How to Bid Effectively
If you don’t know how to navigate the fast-paced world of online bidding, you’re likely to miss out on a lot of great gun-buying opportunities. Here are some tips to help you play the game like a pro, whether it’s your first time bidding or your 100th.
- Take time to educate yourself so you make wise purchasing decisions. Don’t bid on a firearm simply because it looks cool. Spend time researching it before placing a bid to make sure it’s something you really want. Research can also reveal whether a gun seems to be authentic or if there are subtle indications it may be a counterfeit.
- Don’t get caught off-guard by unexpected shipping and buyer’s fees. Make sure you review the terms and conditions of the online auction before you agree to them.
- Quickly register for events so you have enough time for approvals.
- Bid early and often if you’re serious about a particular firearm. If you’re not engaged and vigilant, you could easily miss out on the opportunity of a lifetime.
- Keep in mind that if you get the highest bid on a gun, you’ll need to have it shipped to an FFL dealer near you. Contrary to popular belief, you cannot simply buy a gun in an online auction and have it shipped directly to you. Laws do not allow guns to be shipped to anyone without an FFL license via interstate shipment. So do your research in advance and locate an FFL dealer near you.
Once you become familiar with the process, you’ll see that bidding online is easier than you think. It can also be a fun and exciting process that can yield great rewards in the form of cool and unique firearms you couldn’t find anywhere else.
Are you a gun collector? Let us know what kinds of tips and tricks you use to navigate online gun auctions.